Racking safety is the primary role of the Storage Equipment Manufacturers Association Limited (SEMA). Since we first launched in 1968, SEMA has become a leading voice within the industry and we work tirelessly to promote the safe design, manufacture, installation, and use of storage equipment.
We believe that in the warehouse, different factors contribute towards a safe environment. Everyone has a contribution to make and with each stage linking intrinsically you cannot deliver on one element without keeping safety central throughout the lifetime of your storage equipment. That is why our provision and the work of our members unite to promote a cyclical approach to your racking system.
- The safe design of your equipment to meet SEMA’s storage equipment regulations and industry standards.
- The supply of your system by member Manufacturers and SEMA Distributor Companies (SDC) offers full traceability of your product.
- Safety continues through the installation stage by SEMA Accredited Installation Companies (SAIC) using SEIRS qualified labour.
- Training for your employees so that they know how to safely use the racking and report if damage occurs.
- Finally, our SEMA Approved Racking Inspectors (SARI) can visit your site to conduct Expert inspection and ensure your equipment is in safe and good working order.
Unit 10, Attwood Road
Zone 1, Burntwood Business Park