EPG One – TRANSPORTATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (TMS)
Trip planning in record time
The Transportation Management System (TMS) with dynamic trip planning offers optimum support for the complex delivery chains in retail logistics. It handles complex delivery processes for shop deliveries, collection orders as well as transfer or multi-site handling and can be used for HGVs and for vans. The algorithm of our SaaS solution takes into account the traffic speeds for specific times of day and specific roads when planning the trips, and also calculates the optimum route and the right starting time for any time of day. This results in optimum planning of the delivery stops and compliance with time windows.
Stand-alone or suite integration
Trip planning can be handled as a standalone solution or in the cloud, based on your requirements. We use interface integration with third-party systems as well as within our EPG ONE™ Suite. This allows you to benefit from integration capability between the Suite products, e.g. CnB or WFM, and you can also integrate actual packaging unit data from your LFS after the initial planning.
- High-performance route calculation with a powerful algorithm and speed profiles based on time of day
- The TMS algorithm enables efficiency increases of up to 20 % compared to standard TMS solutions.
- Takes into account flexible optimisation targets for reducing the number of trips and the CO2 emissions
- Fully automated trip planning and daily updated changes by the dispatcher possible
- Flexible and future-proof with global map material
Dynamic, overlapping regions
Delivery areas can be optimised as a whole thanks to the unique, fully dynamic planning approach that is not dependent on geographical borders. Overlapping regions offer the optimum compromise between handling time (driver’s knowledge) and journey time.
The EPG Scenario Optimizer™
You have the choice – with the EPG Scenario Optimizer™, you can define the simulation of the optimum route yourself, based on weighted factors. It is possible to calculate different scenarios for one or multiple depots.
You can define the weighting with different factors:
- Number of vehicles
- Working hours
Integration of the EPG ONE™ Checklist & Inspection app
Our EPG ONE™ Checklist & Inspection app supports the driver with the handling processes. It offers dynamic, adaptable handling workflows – from loading at pick-up and load securing before departure to delivery including signature or photo documentation. All processes are executed digitally and documented online.
Put our system to the test – we are ready for the challenge! We calculate your savings potential with your trip data. Schedule a non-binding consultation with one of our TMS experts at EPG.
Advantages at a glance:
- Optimum scheduling at the press of a button
- Reduce your transport costs by 10 to 20 %
- Capacity utilisation of your vehicle fleet > 95 %
- Last minute updates for flexible changes to trip planning
- Innovative and intuitive web interface
- Realistic ETA forecasts by using traffic profiles based on time of day