Kuehne+Nagel Geel - Optimizing value-added services for superior customer service
Kuehne+Nagel is a global logistics provider that implemented Nulogy at its facility in Geel, Belgium, which also serves as its headquarters for the Belgium-Luxembourg region. Through Nulogy, Kuehne+Nagel Geel streamlined its rework flow, replaced manual processes with data automation, and reduced paper waste— helping provide superior service and added value to its customers.
Started in 1890, Kuehne+Nagel is a global leading logistics provider with over 78,000 full-time employees operating in more than 109 countries. Joining several sites across Europe already adopting Nulogy’s platform, Kuehne+Nagel Geel provides logistics services for high-tech clients such as printer and electronics manufacturers.
Kuehne+Nagel Geel faced a number of operational challenges that they planned to overcome with Nulogy:
• Site operation data was managed across three separate systems, leading to time-consuming workflows and data reconciliation.
• The site required a live view of production activity, instead of relying on estimates for inventory tracking.
• The quality auditing process was manual and time-consuming.
• The rework process in the Geel site’s Customization department was a manual, multi-step process prone to errors.
After implementing Nulogy’s Operational Solution, Kuehne+Nagel Geel achieved the following:
• A 62% decrease in data analyses follow-up in the administration department—a data accuracy win.
• A live, real-time view of production, adding considerable efficiency to production planning and scheduling as well as accurate inventory consumption data.
• Greatly increased reporting speed and accuracy within Geel’s Quality & Repairs department by replacing manual processes with automated steps.
• Elimination of data errors in multiple departments.
• Elimination of manual follow-ups in the operations department.
• Elimination of waste in the operations and administration process.
• The implementation of a customer portal to give customer visibility over projects, consolidating communications by removing email chains.
"Nulogy helped us improve management of our rework flow, cut down on manual work, improve the speed of data analysis, and allowed us to cut down on paper waste." - BRYAN BEUTELS HEAD OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CONTRACT LOGISTICS KUEHNE+NAGEL BELUX